The scientific vision of the German Language Education Study Program to be achieved by 2030 according to UM’s development grand plan is as follows:
Develop science in the field of German language education and instructions based on intercultural communication to produce graduates who master the German language, the basics of German linguistics, and German culture and literature, have the ability to create works using relevant knowledge, and have the ability to adapt to the development of science and technology and the dynamics of society.
• Organize learner-centered German language and literature education and instructions by using effective instructional approaches and optimizing technological use;
• Conduct research in the field of German language and literature instructions whose findings are to benefit scientific development and society welfare; and
• Perform community service in the field of German language and literature instructions which is oriented toward community empowerment.
• Produce graduates who are intelligent, religious, virtuous, independent, and capable of professional development in the field of German language and literature instructions;
• Produce excellent scientific and creative works in the field of German language and literature instructions;
• Produce community service works in the field of German language and literature instructions to realize independent, productive, prosperous society.
Bachelors in German language education who are with the Pancasila spirit, in mastery of the basics of German linguistics, culture, and literature, capable of designing, conducting, and evaluating German language instructions, and capable of implementing the knowledge in various enterprises in relevant sectors creatively and innovatively according to science and technology development.
Intended Learning Outcomes
After completing their studies, students of the B.A. in GLE will acquire the following main competences:
1. Master German language skills and language elements to communicate effectively, spontaneously and systematically in German, both formally and informally.
2. Master the basics of German linguistics in order to be able to analyze various lingual units in German effectively, spontaneously and systematically in German, both formally and informally.
3. Master didactic methods and be able to apply them in innovative German learning in formal and non-formal educational institutions, both independently and in teams with discipline and responsibility and by utilizing information technology.
4. Master German culture and literature for effective communication by upholding a sense of nationalism and responsibility to the country and nation based on intercultural understanding.
5. Master the basic theory of translation and be able to apply it to translate various types of texts from German to Indonesian and vice versa, both independently and in team professionally, by utilizing information technology.
6. Master the basic theory of tourism and be able to provide German language services in the tourism sector by upholding moral and ethical values and internalizing the spirit of independence, endeavor and entrepreneurship.
7. Be able to work in various professional fields by utilizing scientific insights related to the German language, for improving the quality of life of the society, nation, and advancing civilization based on Pancasila.
Prosedur pendaftaran, jadwal penerimaan, dan sistem seleksi mahasiswa baru di program studi Pendidikan Bahasa Jerman, dilaksanakan melalui sebuah sistem seleksi secara terpusat di Universitas Negeri Malang.